Sunday, June 17, 2012

Curly Girl Method Update (Week 2)

I am loving this curly girl method!  Ok I have been doing the curly girl method for the past two weeks and the most important question I have for myself is:  Why haven't you tried this earlier?  I am loving this.  My curls are popping!!!  They were not popping this much before I tried this.

My hair is soft to the touch.  This has never happened before.  Have you noticed that when you hair is wet is looks SOOOO good, but once it's dry it looks and feels like a desert.  Well, the curly girl method will change all of that!

The main product I use is Tresemme Naturals conditioner.  It is a silcone free conditioner.  I was also using eco styler gel but I decided to mix it up and use As I Am curling jelly.  Big mistake!  Once the products dried my hair was a white mess.  The curls were beautiful and shiny but there was a white residue.  I have come to find out that Tresemme doesn't work well with others.

My new routine will include co-washing with Tresemme Naturals and styling with Burt's Bees conditioner and As I Am curling jelly.  I will start doing that tomorrow.  Hopefully, that combination will not cause a white residue.  The Burt's Bees smells so goooood.

I will keep you updated on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment