Sunday, June 3, 2012

What Do I Do...

Ok, so I stretched my hair a few days ago.  Afterwards I didn't know what to do with it, so I did a dry braid out.  I left the braids in for 2 days.  Once I took the braids down my hair looked pretty good.  As I left home to go to work it was still looking good.  Once I arrived at work and looked in the mirror I almost screamed!!!  My hair had reverted and it looked like a bird's nest. 

I learned a valuable lesson that day, always have a back up plan.  Luckly I had a stretchy ban and I bunned my hair right there in my office. I believe the problem was moisture.  When I did the dry braid out I didn't dampen my hair with water and that was a crucial mistake. 

Soooo today, I did another dry braid out on stretched hair.  This time I dampened with water and also added a little more moisturizer.  Hopefully, tomorrow when I take it down it will turn out beautiful.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. How do you stretch your hair...with or without heat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stretch my hair by braiding it while damp. If I'm in a rush I will stretch it by using the tension method with medium heat. I'm not afraid of heat but I rarely use heat on my hair. My routine now consists of mostly 2 strain twists.

      Thanks for inquiring.

      Delete