Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Curly Girl Method

Well it's time to jump on another band wagon, lol.  I have started doing the curly girl method.  The journey began on Tuesday, June 5, 2012.

The curly girl method involves using conditioner as your shampoo and styler.  You are to do away with your comb, brush, hair dryer, etc.  You use your fingers to detangle your hair in the shower.  Well my hair didn't have much definition to it so I used some eco styler gel to get some curl definition.  I was really pleased with the results.

Some girls do wash and goes daily and others co-wash once a week or so and style their hair with conditioner and gel.  As for me, I have been doing wash and goes but that is going to get old real soon.  Next week I'm going to try and style my hair with the conditioner and gel.

The conditioner I have been using is Tresemme Naturals.  This conditioner is silicone free and has a very pleasant fragrance (sweet orange and lemongrass).  Immediately I notice some softening of the crown of my head.  This area has always been dry and rough regardless of the extra attention I have been paying to it.

I will post a picture on what my hair looks like on Saturday.  At that time I will be 4 days into my curly girl method journey. 

I will also try to do weekly post to keep you informed of the progress.

Thanks for looking.  If you have any questions, please ask.  ttyl

No comments:

Post a Comment