Sunday, November 18, 2012

Another Protective Style for Winter

I had an event to attend on Saturday and I was wondering all week how I would style my hair.  At first I thought about doing two stand twists but I didn't feel like taking the time to do them.  So on Friday night I co-washed my hair and on a whim decided to blow dry it.  Afterwards I flat ironed it and was shocked at how much growth I've gained since the last time I straightened it (see picture below).

Immediately after the event I was worried again about the straight hair.  Was I going to keep it straight (flat iron for church tomorrow).  As my husband and I drove home we decided to stop by the dollar store so I could buy some rollers to set my hair.  The next morning I took the rollers out and rocked my straight hair again.

After church I was ready to do a protective style because honestly I was tired of the hair hanging on my neck.

I finally felt spending the time to do two strand twists.  I didn't co-wash my hair again I just started with the straight hair.  I failed to mention earlier that I used coconut oil on the flat ironed hair. Soooo I went off the deep end and didn't follow my modified curly girl method 0_0.

To do the two strand twists I used the water and Jamaican Mango & Lime Locking Creme Wax.  This is so not curly girl friendly.  It contains petroleum and mineral oil but it smells so good.  The reason I used it was because it would hold the style longer.  As you know Thanksgiving is this week and I'm off from work this week so I definately need a low maintenance style because I plan on getting a lot of much needed rest.

Back to the hair.  My leave-in conditioner wa Biotera Ultra Moisturizing and I used it before I blow dried my hair for the straight style.  This leave-in is super creamy and it leaves your hair sooooo soft. I got it from Sally's so if you buy it make sure its the ultra moisturizing because they have a regular leave-in thats not creamy and thick.

I will try to keep the twist for about 3 weeks.  I will also moisturize with coconut oil and if needed I will use the Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Curling Creme.  This product is water based and I really don't want the twists to shrink so it will be used as a last resort.

Two strand twists will be my go-to protective style this winter.

If you have any questions, please let me know.  Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment