Sunday, August 12, 2012

Curly Girl Method Update (Month 2)

I am REALLY loving this Curly Girl Method!!!  I'm just wondering why didn't I try it sooner??? 

I did have to modify it just a little to meet my needs.  For instance, I have detangled my hair with a wide tooth comb twice since beginning.  I also use a silicone free shampoo to cleanse my hair when it feels like the conditioner is not cleansing enough. 

The only styling products that I use are the conditioner, gel and my shea butter mixture.  I love the results.  Through trial and error I have learned what styling products works well together on my hair.  If I want to use gel I can't use the conditioner, sooo I only use the gel after I co-wash my hair.  I never use gel on unclean hair (from experience that's a recipe for disaster).   After completely rinsing out the conditioner I apply eco styler gel or pro line extreme gel to naked hair and wear a wash n go.

The Curly Girl Method will be "my method" for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment