Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy New Year!!! Best Twist-Out Ever!!!

Happy New Year to everyone!!! 

I am kind of a product junkie (yeah).  Secretly I think a lot of naturalistas are product junkies, lol.  I have been on the grease band wagon, I have tried Miss Jessie's,  Beautiful Curls,  Curl Enhancing Smoothie and so many others that I can't even remember.

The last couple of weeks I have been revisiting some of those products.  The Cantu Shea Butter is going in the trash!  It makes my hair look dull and it feels dry so goodbye.  I retried the Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Smooth-n-Hold Pudding.  I can't stand the smell but I wanted to give it another try.  I did a wet twist out and a dry twist out with this and I really loved the results.  Once it dried I couln't smell it.  I did however notice that I had flakes falling from my hair.  I shampooed my hair and was back to the drawing board :(.

Will looking through my stash I saw some raw shea butter and I decided to do something with it.  I whipped up the shea butter with Jamacian Black Castor Oil, extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil.  OMG!!!  I got the best twist out ever!  After shampooing I didn't use any leave in conditioner.  All I did was add the shea butter mixture to wet hair.  I don't know about you but when I go to bed with wet hair, I wake up in the morning with wet hair.  Not this time.  My hair was completely dry and super soft and it was soooo shiny.

The next night I dampened my hair with water and did some chunky twists and it turned out really good the next morning.

I think I have found my staple product.

I'm going to take a picture and post it soon.

Talk to you later...

2 comments:

  1. Hi MsTresses,

    I have been going without leave-in conditioner for about 2 months now, and my hair doesn't notice the difference - who knew?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for replying. I'm still loving my new routine and I don't think I'm going back to the leave-in conditioner.

    ReplyDelete