Saturday, April 9, 2011

Why I Decided to go Natural

I have been suffering from very bad dandruff for a long, long time.  No matter what type of shampoo  I used (believe me I have tried many) I was never able to get rid of the dandruff.  One day I came to the conclusion that my dandruff was a result of the relaxer.  You know the drill, relax the hair, burn the scalp, scalp starts healing, the scabs begin to slough off (my dandruff) and before it completely healed I would relax it again.  My scalp never had the chance to heal completely! 

I contemplated going natural for more than a year.  I would start to transition and before you know it the creamy crack was calling my name.  I was not mentally prepared and could not handle the new growth so I would relax it. 

In May 2010 everything changed!  I made it up in my mind that I was going natural!  My youngest sister has been natural for almost two years.  She gave me a lot of encouragement in the beginning and she gave me a lot more encouragement during the transitioning period.


Dandruff has had a lot to do with me going natural.  Now my dandruff is under control and I am able to wear black blouses without the worry of having white stuff on my shoulders.

It's been almost a year since I decided to go natural and I have loved just about every minute of it.  I have no intention of going back to the relaxed hair.

By the way my twin sister (we are identical) decided to go natural and she transitioned for a little while.  More information to come on her journey...

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. LOL!@ White stuff on your shoulders. Keep up the good work. You Look Marvelous!

    ReplyDelete